Become a 4th Quadrant Leader!
Become one of the 500 Leadership West graduates throughout the West Valley making a positive impact on our region and within your organization.
Leadership West’s Flagship Program is a rigorous 150+ hour intensive experience that will provide you with:
A greater regional awareness of the West Valley.
Leader to Leader relationships.
Leadership Skills development.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the time commitment?
The Leadership West program is a serious investment in your ability to make a positive impact for your organization and for the West Valley. Before applying to Leadership West, candidates should realize the significant time commitment involved. Class members are expected to attend all required issue days. Additional time must be committed for the the full-day “5 Practices of Exemplary leadership” workshop, the 2 day new class retreat, and a minimum of five focus tours (which can range from a couple hours to most of the day depending on which tours you choose). See the commitment detail below:
YEAR 1: CLASS YEAR
- Alumni Association Lunch (3rd Thursday in August)
- Retreat: Two-Day in town retreat in mid-September.
- Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership Workshop: Full-day (8 to 4:30 October 25th, 2018)
- Issues Days (8): Full-day (9:30am to 5:00pm)
- Applied Leadership Modules (8): 8:00 to 9:30am on Issue Days
- Focus Tours (5): Anywhere from 2 to 5 hours depending on the tour.
YEAR 2: POST-GRADUATION “TAKING OWNERSHIP” YEAR
- Service on a minimum of one planning committee (Issue Days, Education, etc)
- Civic Impact Commitment (CIC): This is a 12-hour requirement (over the course of year 2) to be completed following graduation where you take your increased regional awareness, new leader relationships and further-developed leadership skills then apply them toward an area of need in the West Valley. This can be an individual effort (volunteering, running for office, serving on a board or commission, etc) or it can be something you do with other class members as a project.
What’s the cost?
The tuition for the 2018-19 Leadership West is $1995 and is non-refundable. Leadership West continues to keep its tuition well below our counterpart programs in other regions of the valley. Tuition is due no later than August 31st, 2018.
Tuition covers only a portion of the Program’s actual cost. Leadership West depends on contributions from businesses and community organizations to fund its programs.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available. Scholarships are based on financial need. Scholarship applications are kept confidential and must be submitted after you are selected. For information, please call the Leadership West office at (623) 498-0828.
Where do I apply?
Click here below to download/print the application. The application must be submitted no later than May 31st, 2018. The application may take about 30 minutes to complete. Once the application is submitted (submitted online), a member if the selection committee will contact you to set up a group interview if you are selected. Interviews are set for June 10-15th, 2018. Notification of acceptance into the program will be made in late June. Tuition is due no later than August 31st, 2018.
To view specific dates/times for the upcoming program year CLICK HERE.